The Macon County Merit Commission will be receiving applications to establish an eligibility list for Deputy Sheriffs of Macon County. Instruction letter, application, forms and booklets are available at the bottom of this page or may be obtained at the Macon County Sheriff's Office 333 S. Franklin St, Decatur, IL, phone number 217-424-1321, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, commencing on May 1st, 2017 through June 2nd, 2017. Applications must be submitted or postmarked no latter than June 2nd, 2017.
$46,932.73 - $76,276.87
To be appointed to the Office, an applicant must meet such standards as:
1. 21 years of age or older.
2. Vision corrected to 20/20, free of color blindness and weight proportionate to height.
3. Not have any physical or mental disability, which would render him/her incapable of performing the duties of the position.
4. Possess a 2 year Associates Degree or have completed no less than 60 credit hours of acceptable college study towards a Bachelor's degree. Or 30
hours of college education and two (2) years continuous employment as a Macon County Sheriff's Office Correctional Officer. Or a Military Veteran
with 4 years of active duty in the U.S. Armed forces may apply if they have completed 30 credit hours of acceptable College credit.
5. Be a citizen or legal resident of the United States.
6. Possess a valid Illinois Driver's license at the time of the examination.
7. Successfully complete a Physical Fitness Assessment Test. (Applicant may be required to pay a test fee prior to taking the PT test.)
8. Successfully complete and pass a written examination.
9. Be fingerprinted and successfully pass a background investigation as to reputation and character.
10. Successfully pass oral interviews.
11. Successfully pass a pre-employment physical examination and drug screen which may include a Physiological evaluation at the Employer's expense.
12. No applicant shall have been convicted of a felony offense or a crime of moral turpitude under the laws of Illinois or any other state.
13. Live within 40 miles of the Macon County Sheriff's Office, within one year after being appointed as a certified employee.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER